GPS jamming

wonkywinch

Visit site
Maybe it was a hybrid route set by the moving map manufacturers then?

I recently flew Chennai to Kuwait and on departure the track showed us routing over Pakistan & Iran which was never going to happen.

My point is that the difference between the moving map display and route actually flown was not likely to be caused by ATC instructed diversions (the plane wouldn't normally carry enough fuel for extended re routes).

Political routing and overflight permissions will have been done long before the plane reached the runway.

Jinkster

Visit site
The PAX display before take-off was NOT Great Circle ... as a pro Navigator - I now a GC route when I see one ..

The display was a 'zigzag' route with various deviations to avoid conflict areas ... but still showing over Russian territory..... in fact passing south of Moscow ... if it had been anywhere near a GC - it would have been north of Moscow ...

The actual route displayed during flight showed us veering south over Iran and then Turkey - then turning back up to N. Europe.
Did you fly with a European airline? Not all airlines are banned from Russian airspace etc.

Refueler

Visit site
Did you fly with a European airline? Not all airlines are banned from Russian airspace etc.

Luftwaffe (Hansa) to Shanghai

Air Swiss from Shanghai

Anyway - I was only commenting on the route not being same as what was shown before take-off ....

I cannot think of any other flight I have had that did that .. and I have and still fly all over the world incl Russian airspace ..