Honda BF 2.3D

Milgrip

Visit site
Many thanks Milgrip, you've answered my question. I did not my realize there was solder involved. I am determined to get this motor running right.
One more thing, once the tamper proof cap is off, be gentle when adjusting the mixture screw as the slotted head is designed to snap off if over tightened.
They just don't want us messing with their over lean fuel mixture.

Seastoke

Visit site
Surely if the jet is set correctly ,and the engine runs bad the fault is somewhere else on the engine , usually carb but could be fuel, electronics etc.

Last edited:

barnicaljohn77

Visit site
Surely if the jet is set correctly ,and the engine runs bad the fault is somewhere else on the engine , usually carb but could be fuel, electronics etc.
I agree, it could be a number of things, so I'm going to service it as comprehensively as I can. New gaskets and jets included. The carb is already clean , but I'll do it again. I always had Seagulls in the past, and usually the problem in recent years was the change in fuel, or breakdown of electrical system. I think I'm this case, if it's not the jets, then it is most likely air leaks.

PetiteFleur

Visit site
I had this problem with my 2.3 a couple of years ago, stripped & cleaned a couple of times, then managed to drop the carb and break the idle screw. Bought a new one, worked well but didn't fit the antitamper cap. Also had to adjust the throttle cable. Now working fine. I always use Premium petrol + Honda additive. I don't drain the carb and this spring it started 3rd pull.