Insurance renewal shock

Gargleblaster

Visit site
The injury was sustained before the anchor chain broke and before I had anchored. I was trying to get out of my oilies to go to the heads and fell and hit my head on a corner of my cabin furniture. The Coast Guard medics wouldn't in fact release me until I had been to A&E. The doctor in A&E recommended 48 hours bedrest, which was not possible as I was involved in the securing and recovery of my boat.

Many of the items I have claimed no reason has been given by the insurance company they have simply been ignored. I submitted estimates for damaged and lost items in October which after much toing and froing were paid this week. One of their reasons for not covering damage to my starter motor and electric loom on my engine was that a surveyor had checked the batteries and they were both holding 13 volts and were being charged by my solar panel. Similar with the mast. the top of the mast ended up in a copse of trees. The survey report according to the insurance company reported that the mast step and chain plates were undamaged therefore there could be nothing wrong with the mast. Oh and when arguing about the cost of the securing of the boat they told me an easterly wind would blow me east. They seem to lack all knowledge as a marine insurer of marine matters.

I have asked to sight the survey report on the damage they have refused as it is proprietary information.

I have had to constantly submit appeals to get any action from them. Part of their recommended complaints procedure was to submit a complaint to Lloyds. Lloyds said it was nothing to do with them.

I will not name the insurance company at this stage as it may prejudice future legal action.

xyachtdave

Visit site
The injury was sustained before the anchor chain broke and before I had anchored. I was trying to get out of my oilies to go to the heads and fell and hit my head on a corner of my cabin furniture. The Coast Guard medics wouldn't in fact release me until I had been to A&E. The doctor in A&E recommended 48 hours bedrest, which was not possible as I was involved in the securing and recovery of my boat.

Many of the items I have claimed no reason has been given by the insurance company they have simply been ignored. I submitted estimates for damaged and lost items in October which after much toing and froing were paid this week. One of their reasons for not covering damage to my starter motor and electric loom on my engine was that a surveyor had checked the batteries and they were both holding 13 volts and were being charged by my solar panel. Similar with the mast. the top of the mast ended up in a copse of trees. The survey report according to the insurance company reported that the mast step and chain plates were undamaged therefore there could be nothing wrong with the mast. Oh and when arguing about the cost of the securing of the boat they told me an easterly wind would blow me east. They seem to lack all knowledge as a marine insurer of marine matters.

I have asked to sight the survey report on the damage they have refused as it is proprietary information.

I have had to constantly submit appeals to get any action from them. Part of their recommended complaints procedure was to submit a complaint to Lloyds. Lloyds said it was nothing to do with them.

I will not name the insurance company at this stage as it may prejudice future legal action.

That’s a sorry tale, hope you get your boat sorted.