Side power strip down.

TerryA

Visit site
My side-power has been unused for a while and no longer whirrs, it just clicks. I've run through the documented testing schedule and removed the motor. The brushes are fine but it looks like there is some verdigris patination. Has anyone stripped down the motor to do an internal clean. I see they are eyewateringly expensive so I want to save it if possible.

ean_p

Visit site
If your motor brushes are good and free then it is almost certainly a break in continuity across the contacts in the contactors..... assuming you have a supply and return available.......
Incidentally what do you mean by 'patination'.......and where is it apparent?

TerryA

Visit site
The patination is a pale green patch on the rotor (?) below the section the brushes run against. It's visible looking down from the top and is on one side only. I can reach it with a long matchstick but it doesn't rub off so it's not something growing in there.

ean_p

Visit site
I'm still not too sure what you mean ref the patination but would still look to the continuity of the supply and return external to the motor......from battery to motor and back...if as you say the brushes are good and free and the surface of the comm looks clean and reasonable, the comm being the bit the brushes rub against.