Small boats ... ie less than 30ft .... ?? Join up ??

G

Interested to know how many small boats less than 30ft are going .... and whether a link-up for crossing en-masse ???

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

graham

Visit site
If I had my boat on the South Coast I would definitely add her to the list subject to favourable weather of course.

Personally I am not a fan of sailing in close company with a group of boats .If someone wants to keep in radio contact thats fine but sailing in a gaggle I find quite stressfull.

Far better IMHO for everyone to do their own planning then meet up in the pub later /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

wicked

www.evolution26.org
I\'ve got a little one!

I've got a little one - only 26'.

I usually go singlehanded and will probably go early Friday morning from Christchurch - weather permitting of course.

Wicked - MMSI: 235013512

Dave

G

My palm .... gives tides :>

Portsmouth
23 Sep

HW 15.47 4.42M
LW 20.54 1.28M

24 Sep.

HW 04.20 4.24M
LW 09.13 1.47M

My trusty seaclear gives approx. 75 nm run .... so at 4kts = abt 18 hrs !!!! better leave friday !!!! just in case .........

Cherbourg 24 Sep

HW 13.29 5.52M
LW 20.25 2.52M

Cherbourg 25 Sep

HW 01.58 5.12M
LW 08.40 2.87M
HW 14.15 5.04M
LW 21.23 2.92M

Portsmouth 25 Sep

HW 17.41 3.92M
LW 22.29 2.03M

26 Sep

HW 06.19 3.79M
LW 11.09 2.32M

Seems a dodgy return time .... after a good night out !!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bigmart

Visit site
Your crossing times tally with my experience. 18 Hours is about normal.

If your thinking of going Nigel I would look at the Tide Heights. Knowing that you keep your boat in the same Yard as mine, I assume that, you will need a similar height of tide to get out, as I do.

With a tide hieght of less than 4.1 Metres I've had it. I reckon you will have to return wed or thursday after the weekend. If you tide figures are correct.

Martin

G

Back in ...

I reckon I can get back in on the monday early ... I bloody hope so ... OR I am in BIG poo .... I have to fly out 2 days later !!

G

Bigmart ....

What are you trying to do to me .... last few days had company audit ... left me nervous wreck .... now the thought of being stranded loooking at the end of pontoon and a sea of mud ... with my flight winging its way back without me ....

G

I need 0.7m under transducer ....

Total needed is about 1m, maybe a few cms under ....

Blimey .... now I'm checking all my photo archives for dates and checking my tides etc. - to see if I got in/out on such lows ........

bigmart

Visit site
Re: I need 0.7m under transducer ....

Mine draws 1.1 Metres & I have come unstuck before. To be safe a rise of tide at the Harbour Entrance of 4.2 Metres is ideal.

Of course it does give you an excuse to go off sailing for a week.

Martin /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

Now after checking list I know why not too much interest on this post

Seems only 2 boats 26 or less with another 1 or 2 less than 30 .....

Oh well .... no problem !!