3 Rivers Race 2024

The Q

Visit site
Entries are now open for the 3 Rivers Race 1st 2nd June 2024 here.. Home which has been running since 1961.
Last year's video,
Are you up to the challenge of the longest inland passage race in Europe?
50 miles,
3 bridges to go under, twice, one of which has an air draft of just over 6ft.
You have 24 hours to complete the course.
The record is about 8 hours,
The worst only 13 boats finished
Rivers from 200ft down to 50ft wide.
Boats from 14ft to 40ft may enter.
Minimum 2 on board.

Where?
The Race starts at Horning sailing club, in Norfolk.

1672731557535.png

The Q

Visit site
A weeks time and I'll be recovering by sleeping in ....

The start is about mid out going tide, so they should clear Horning fairly easily.

The forecast is beginning to firm up, it's looking like a Northerly of reasonable speed. It does however mean getting up the Ant, on the Saturday will be much less likely, as it will be full tide going out and wind against them.

I suspect the majority will make a dash for the lower Bure bouy First, to catch low tide there, then go up with the tide to Potter and beyond. That'll be hard work 4- 5 hours of tacking up river...

Then back down to Thurne , and do the legs on the way home..

There will always be those who do it differently especially the very fast boats..

ridgy

Visit site
Wish I could be there again but it's so far to drag a boat there and back. If I ever find a cheap place to leave it I'd buy a small boat there just to do this race each year.

The Q

Visit site
Wish I could be there again but it's so far to drag a boat there and back. If I ever find a cheap place to leave it I'd buy a small boat there just to do this race each year.
Horning Sailing club, family membership approx £150 a year,, (no joining fee) mooring for a 25ft keelboat last year, iirc about £320, for a 27ft motorboat about £700. Three rowing boats provided to get across to your boat, water for boat, toilets, showers, car parking. Requirement, you volunteer for a duty each year( March to October) rescue boat or Tea bar.
See web site for contact details.
Horning Sailing Club