H,mm............

oldgit

Visit site
A small rib carrying what appeared to be a considerable quantity of highly inebriated youths, all shouting merrily away at the top of their voices, came past our moorings yesterday, while towing some other oik on a ringo.
Not really a problem other than they were going flat out and causing considerably wash.
OG wearily clambered back aboard, switched on the radio and called Medway VTS on Ch 74 to advise that the little group was heading down river causing problems regards their speed and possibly their navigational capabilities.

The response from our local VTS 250 miles away in a rich scouse accent was.........................
Sorry mate , bugger all I can do about it, no patrols out today..........................
Would you like to ring your local Rozzers and see if they can do anything ! ..................Stuff that thought I and turned off the radio.

Last edited:

xyachtdave

Visit site
If I could avoid paying the Peel Ports licence fee I would due to the complete lack of enforcement and action against the nuisance jet skis and power boats.

Unfortunately the YC adds their charge to your invoice and there’s no escaping it. More annoying is you pay more for having a river mooring than you do in one of the marinas.

Grrrrr.

Last edited:

oldgit

Visit site
The irony was a privately owned rib and probably the only thing capable of catching up up with the miscreants hired by our "Harbour Master " had only previously gone past about an hour earlier.

Suspect the offenders had launched upstream which could only mean slips at Borstal, Cuxton and Halling.
Would be very suprised if they had launched from the slip at Kent Boat and Ski Club, as they tend to be strict regards their folks keeping to the rules.

Last edited:

Bigplumbs

Visit site
The irony was a privately owned rib and probably the only thing capable of catching up up with the miscreants hired by our "Harbour Master " had only previously gone past about an hour earlier.

Suspect the offenders had launched upstream which could only mean slips at Borstal, Cuxton and Halling.
Would be very suprised if they had launched from the slip at Kent Boat and Ski Club, as they tend to be strict regards their folks keeping to the rules.
Live and let live I say

Visit site

Borstal sounds to be a likely candidate.

oldgit

Visit site
Live and let live I say
Presume that applies to inebriated drivers of motor vehicles as well.
Have little real problem with folks having a a refreshment or two while on the water.
Its merely , please do not do it at 20 knots in a 6 knot limit, 50 metres from my and 30 other moored boats. ?
A tempation to get under way catch them up and show what wash 7 tons of boat can create at close quarters never even began to speculate about crossing my mind.
:unsure:

Last edited: