Laptop GPS of ebay

woody001

Visit site
Hi,

Has anyone brought laptop GPS receiver of ebay?

There seems to be so many available, any one recommend any from a specific seller ?

Cheers

Si.

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Just bought one from 'signed-4' no problems....

make sure you buy one with the right interface..... there are loads on there that are PS/2 connectors, and will need a USB convertor, or PS/2 splitter for a power source..... get a USB one, and then the USB powers the GPS.....

SteveGorst

Visit site
aktronix in singapore. I and several others in Conwy have had units from here with no problems. How they can do it for the price I don't know but they work a treat. When you come to interfacing them with navigation software you will more than likely find they have installed themselves on comm 5 but you can check that out in device manager.

robind

Visit site
I have bought a couple of 12 channel usb, gps as used in vehicles and have used them on laptops on the boat with no problem and they are quick firing up! around £27 if I remember rightly dont buy the ones delivered direct from China make sure they are already in the UK or that the dealer is.

goneballistic

Visit site
I also bought the USB one on eBay from aktronix. I was very pleased with it. Quick to set up and works well with my MaxSea. Steve is right about com 5, took me a while to find it in microchip world!

I think it was about £25 - It's hard to see why we need to pay full price for anything now!