Massive squall this morning.

Bobc

Visit site
Seen photos posted on Facebook of a Rassy on the rocks in Poole and boats toppled over like dominos in Hamble.

Here in Oxfordshire we had trees down and garden furniture flying.

Best check your boat if it's anywhere between Poole and Chichester.

Rappey

Visit site
Saw 2 yachts who had broken free of their moorings sailing across the harbour . Gosport boatyard had their ferry out and managed to recover them before they hit anything.

rotrax

Visit site
We looked on the live Harbour Cam - our mooring and boat is on the 24/7/365 regular sweep - but the high wind was shaking the camera mount like a leaf. We did not see our boat.

What we did see was the Littlehampton RNLI leaving on a shout, making heavy weather on the narrows in the mouth of the Arun.

I hope all was well and those in trouble were assisted.

Our neighbours fence and roof has suffered. I estimate 50kts of wind funnelling down our garden from the S/E.

johnalison

Visit site
I heard about 60kn winds on the Hamble, but this shouldn’t cause boats ashore to move as it isn’t that uncommon. I hope they damage is not too serious.

jdc

Visit site
Not that bad in Cornwall, or at least where we were in the Helford last night; peak gust we saw was 40kts after the veer to the WSW, before that winds from the S were just shy of 30kts. Securité CG broadcast at ~21:45 for Lundy & Fastnet for F9 incr F10 soon however, so we were glad to be in a snug anchorage! Fast sail back into the Fal this morning, with only one other yacht out.

Reactions: DJE

Yealm

Visit site
We were having breakfast at Christchurch Harbour Hotel overlooking the water. It was truly biblical !

ashtead

Visit site
Hopefully those at portchester and in the Thorney channel are all safe-I have seen winds like that leave vessels on the foreshore yet still attached to the mooring block .

luke collins

Visit site
We came back over from Cowes to the Hamble in a sealine SC35 at lunch time. It was no fun. Any advise on navigating in heavy seas and best ways/speeds in a power boat would be help to boost my skills. We got back but I would welcome any support to make it a smoothly transit should we get caught in it again.

Stemar

Visit site
If my boat had gone AWOL, I'm pretty sure I'd have heard about it. All the same, I'll be going to check on her tomorrow. Fortunately my mooring is pretty well sheltered from the west, only a few hundred yards from the W side of the harbour at high tide, and dry at low

Jungle Jim

Visit site
We spent the night on board in the Royal Motor Yacht Club marina in Poole on Saturday. I put the instruments on around 07:00 when a truly horrendous squall came through, I watched the wind speed hit 62 knots. I was so pleased to be in a Fisher with the nice warm, comfy and above all dry wheelhouse :)

KINGFISHER 8

Visit site
We came back over from Cowes to the Hamble in a sealine SC35 at lunch time. It was no fun. Any advise on navigating in heavy seas and best ways/speeds in a power boat would be help to boost my skills. We got back but I would welcome any support to make it a smoothly transit should we get caught in it again.
Only advice I can give ... If in any doubt at all stay there and worry about getting home later or tomorrow. No point taking risks if you're not sure or unhappy about it.