UK Ship Registry Super Service

Irish Rover

Visit site
I'm in the process of registering my new to meet boat on UKSR Part 1. I received an email on Friday asking for some additional documents. I sent them yesterday [Saturday] and received a reply today [Sunday] with my Official Number and Carving and Marking Note. That's super service and my dealings with them from the beginning, both on email and on the telephone, have been excellent. I'm always likely to complain when I get poor service, especially from a public body, so I think it only fair to acknowledge such wonderful service.

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
I'm in the process of registering my new to meet boat on UKSR Part 1. I received an email on Friday asking for some additional documents. I sent them yesterday [Saturday] and received a reply today [Sunday] with my Official Number and Carving and Marking Note. That's super service and my dealings with them from the beginning, both on email and on the telephone, have been excellent. I'm always likely to complain when I get poor service, especially from a public body, so I think it only fair to acknowledge such wonderful service.
Yes, my experience has been the same. People talk about how difficult Part 1 reg is but that has never been my experience and the service has always been first class.

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
I sent confirmation of marking this morning and received my Certificate of Registration this afternoon. These people are a credit to their organisation and public service generally.
Is yours on a white background ? Mine changed from green to white last time I renewed it. I preferred the Green.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Is yours on a white background ? Mine changed from green to white last time I renewed it. I preferred the Green.
What Paddy wouldn't prefer green but it is, as you speculate, on a white background. I imagine I'm going to meet some customs or coast guard officials along the way who'll want to see the "original" so I'm making sure to keep the email safe.

LiftyK

Visit site
Same here. Excellent help to find my email with my renewal and explained how I had to reclaim my vessel. Very helpful staff and readily available help.

srm

Visit site
Likewise.
I had to de-register my last boat recently due to selling to none UK person. Had a prompt email response telling me what they needed. Sent pics of the documents by email and it was processed on a Sunday with pdf of confirmation followed by hard copy in post.

Irish Rover

Visit site
After I received my registration I sent s link to this thread to the UKSR and I received the following reply.

"Thank you for positive feedback and it is great to see so many replies to your post with a similar experience.
I have passed this onto the overall manager of the Ship Registry and for the team to see."