Weber T22-211 replacement.

stu9000

Visit site
My switch panel has some aging Weber T22-211 circuit breaker switches that are getting brittle and breaking the threaded neck that bolts through the panel. Replacements seem pricey.

I bought a thermal cut out switch but that does not, it turns out, act as a switch when one wants to isolate the lighting circuit etc.

have standards evolved since my boat was built in 1987? Reading online advice seems to be that the switch element should not ideally be linked into the same device as the breaker. Switches are designed for high use. Using breakers as a switch shortens their working life..? Or is that nonsense?

I'm leaning towards replacing the switches with standard push button switches and adding a fuse.
Are there any risks?

Thanks.

stu9000

Visit site
I am swopping out the circuit breakers with new push switches and fuse box. I guess i lose thermal cut out protection, although im not completely sure the old T22-211 switches do that. Looking at it in the round the old panel is a failure point waiting to happen. New push buttons and fuse box addresses this. If it is OK for cars surely OK for boat.