Anyone like to speculate what has happened to this HR39?

johnalison

Visit site

B27

Visit site
They are only on the port side ... :unsure: .... and it has spent its life in Croatia where there are no tides to speak of - certainly not enough to dry out a HR.
Better not be any wind either if those really are vents that far down the topsides.

My guess is 'boarding ladder designed by a bigger idiot than the one who fitted mine'.

Is there a prize?

Seriously, midships ladder, maybe for scuba.

Otherwise, where is the other half of the catamaran?

Whaup367

Visit site
The upper two are vents, presumably for fuel, similar to the one on my 34. I don’t know about the bottom ones.

Yeah- top two are standard vents from the heads area and visible on stock photos of HR39s... I wonder if the lower two could be part of a holding tank installation?

johnalison

Visit site
There was a time when we half thought about trading our HR34 for a second-hand 39, to give us longer legs and immunity to the weather. The 36 is a very successful and good-looking boat but no great gain on our 34, whereas the 39 may not actually look as good as its smaller sisters, to my eyes, it is laid out similarly to the 36 but with a lot more space and heft in the water.

Whaup367

Visit site
There was a time when we half thought about trading our HR34 for a second-hand 39, to give us longer legs and immunity to the weather. The 36 is a very successful and good-looking boat but no great gain on our 34, whereas the 39 may not actually look as good as its smaller sisters, to my eyes, it is laid out similarly to the 36 but with a lot more space and heft in the water.

I'd second this. We have a 36 and love it but the 39 is appealing. It's just a bit more boat than I feel we can comfortably either handle or afford!
It's been said that the 39 is the perfect 36 footer... which describes the concept well. It doesn't fail to be a bigger boat in a small package, as so many do.