i phone tide apps, which is the best?

NoviceRod

Visit site
I have UK Tide Times on iPhone. I think it was free, but not expensive if not. It was very poor initially as it worked only on your actual location, but now you tell it which region you want and it has a pretty comprehensive list. It only gives tides for today, and heights are in feet.

sailorman

Visit site
I have UK Tide Times on iPhone. I think it was free, but not expensive if not. It was very poor initially as it worked only on your actual location, but now you tell it which region you want and it has a pretty comprehensive list. It only gives tides for today, and heights are in feet.
Obviously the android version is better, i get 6 days ahead

l'escargot

Visit site
I use World Tides (nice easy interface) for 7 day predictions for 69p a year and Tide Planner (bit more complicated) which gives predictions more than 7 days ahead for a couple of quid a year.

oceanfroggie

www.derg.ie
I've used Tides Planner for past 3 years on iPhone and iPad. You buy 1 year at a time. It also does Tidal Streams, not just heights.

prv

Visit site
Another vote for Tides Planner. Very comprehensive - heights for all the UK and French primary and secondary ports (plus vast swathes of the rest of the world I'm not interested in) for several years into the future, plus two different kinds of stream display (computer-generated arrows and human-drawn atlas pages) and assorted other data. You pay a few quid to unlock all the bits, but it's peanuts by any normal standard. Only downside is that some bits are not very intuitive to begin with, but you'll pick it up.

Pete

Bandit

Visit site
Thanks for replies so far.

Sorry I was less than specific in my original post.

I am less interested in tidal flows more predicting tide heights and times of certain heights ie clearance at certain dates in the future more than 7 days ie for a 12 month period, I am happy to pay for this.

I have also posted this on Scuttlebutt.

oceanfroggie

www.derg.ie
Thanks for replies so far.

Sorry I was less than specific in my original post.

I am less interested in tidal flows more predicting tide heights and times of certain heights ie clearance at certain dates in the future more than 7 days ie for a 12 month period, I am happy to pay for this.

I have also posted this on Scuttlebutt.

If you have an iphone or ipad you won't be disappointed with Tides Planner. It's inexpensive and works a year or two into the future. I've tried many, including free ones, but the quality and ease of use of Tides Planner was well worth the tiny cost.